Monday, November 17, 2008

Recap of Books Alive!

Recently, I accepted an invitation from the remarkable Kathy L. Patrick to attend Books Alive, her annual book festival in Jefferson, Texas. Kathy is the proprietress extraordinaire of Beauty and the Book, a combination beauty salon/bookstore in Jefferson. She’s the author of The Pulpwood Queens' Tiara-Wearing, Book-Sharing Guide to Life and the founder of the infamous Pulpwood Queen’s Book Club “where tiaras are mandatory and reading good books is the RULE!”

Kathy claims to love books and their authors—and brother she’s not kidding. I’ve never met a stronger advocate for literacy or a bigger supporter of the writing profession. Her passion has served her well. She rubs shoulders with best-selling authors and does guest spots on Oprah and Good Morning America.

I had a great time at Books Alive! and I hope Kathy will invite me back next year. I'll be her guest for Jefferson's Candlelight Tour of Homes in December (check the calendar of events in the sidebar for details).

I’ve posted pictures of the talented authors featured this year at Books Alive!

Left to right: Kathy Patrick, Heather R. Lee with her daughter and writing partner Carmen, Kathy Whitehead, Kitty Chappell, lil' old me, Deeanne Gist, Jayne Jaudon Ferrer, and Suzanne McLennan:


















Dinner with Kathy Patrick, Jayne Jaudon Ferrer, and Kathy Whitehead at Lamache's Italian Restaurant inside the historic Jefferson Hotel:

















I'll try to post a few more pictures this week.

1 comment:

Elizabeth Ludwig said...

You are in for a TREAT going to Jefferson in December. Man, wish I could join you!!

Great pics, Marcia. Looks like you had a blast.

My Bookshelf

This plugin requires Adobe Flash 9.